The Best of TaipeiPosted on 09/10/2015
Taipei, the capital of Taiwan, is a large city with so much to offer to tourists. If you're planning to visit soon, some of the things you can do are sightseeing, food tripping, and lots of partying.
Located in the northern part of the island, Taipei sits in a basin between the Yangming Mountains and the Central Mountains. It is characterized by a semi-tropical climate with weather almost always hot and humid. The best time to visit Taipei is during fall when temperatures drop to a pleasant mid 20°C. Avoid it from May to October, which is typhoon season since Taiwan gets quite a number of typhoons during this time. But don't let the hot and humid weather of Taipei stop you from enjoying your holiday! Here are some places you can visit during your stay:
- The National Palace Museum, which houses Chinese artifacts from Beijing during the Sino-Japanese wars.
- Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall Park, a famous landmark built in memory of former Taiwan president Chiang Kai-shek. You will find the National Theater and National Concert Halls in this park.
- Fort San Domingo was built by the Dutch in 1641.
- Taipei 101 is a can't miss. This bagged the tallest building title from 2004 to 2010, with 101 floors above ground and 5 floors underground.
- Taipei Zoo houses one of the two giant pandas. It also houses many other animals that children and adults alike will surely enjoy seeing.
- Beitou Hot Spring is the perfect place to relax after a long tiring day. There are over 30 resorts in this area.
Are you ready to go on a holiday in Taipei Taiwan? Book your holiday with a travel agent and get the best deals.