Christmas Markets of Germany (Winter 2018-19)
Additional Included Highlights
- Berlin: Drive down the Unter den Linden. See the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House, remnants of the Berlin Wall, Potsdamer Platz and Reichstag Building.
- Dresden: See the Frauenkirche, 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic mural, cathedral, the Opera House and Zwinger Palace. Learn about the traditional German Christmas Pyramids.
- Nuremberg: See the distinguishing medieval architecture of the city walls and stone towers of the Alt Stadt (Old Town).
- Munich: On your orientation tour, see the Victory Arch, Town Hall and Glockenspiel in the Marienplatz.
- Dresden: At the Christmas Market, meet a stallholder and taste the local Christstollen with a glass of Glühwein.
- Munich: Gather with your friends for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine in the fun-loving Bavarian capital.
- Dining Summary: 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 2 Three-course table d’hôte Dinners (DW) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- Berlin: With a Local Expert, explore the highlights of the city. Drive down the Unter den Linden, see Brandenburg Gate, the State Opera House, remnants of the Berlin Wall, Potsdamer Platz and the Reichstag Building.
- Dresden: Your guided tour with a Local Expert shows you the Frauenkirche, the colossal 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic, the cathedral, Semper Opera House and Zwinger Palace. You'll also learn about the traditional German Christmas Pyramids.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Berlin: The Swissôtel Berlin, located in the heart of West Berlin, is ideal for exploring the numerous galleries, museums and sights, such as the nearby Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtniskirche anti-war memorial, the impressive KaDeWe department store and the Tiergarten Park. It features outstanding architecture and a remarkable private collection of contemporary German art.
- Nuremberg: The Maritim Nuremberg awaits you in the immediate vicinity of the historic old city with its numerous monuments and buildings, including the Kaiserburg and a host of fascinating museums.
Top Rated Highlights
- Leipzig: Visit Thomaskirche where Bach worked as a Kapellmeister, a conductor, and his remains are now buried.
- Nuremberg: See the distinguishing medieval architecture of the city walls and stone towers of the Alt Stadt, or Old Town.
- Rothenburg-ob-der-Tauber: Fortified by ancient walls, picturesque and unspoiled, Rothenburg is a fairy tale come true at any time of year. It dazzles in December, with its 500-year-old Reiterlesmarkt lending a festive air to the cobbled streets and medieval buildings.
- Munich: During your orientation of the city with your Travel Director, see the Victory Arch, Town Hall and Glockenspiel in Marienplatz.
- Christmas Markets: Experience the wonderment of the Christmas Markets of each city, some of the oldest in Europe. Shop for local delicacies and drink the heart-warming Glühwein. Keep an eye out for the Nuremberg Plum People and marvel at the Lepizig Christmas Pyramid.