Grecian Legends Cruise Standard (Preview 2018)
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Athens: See Hadrian’s Arch, the Temple of the Wingless Victory and Temple of Zeus.
- Corinth Canal: Cross the amazing rock-cut channel.
- Patras: Cross world’s longest multi-span cable-stayed bridge.
- Thermopylae: See the memorial to Leonidas.
- Cruising: Visit the Greek Islands of Mykonos, Patmos, Crete & Santorini. Call in at the Turkish port of Kusadasi.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Olympia: Join a local chef and get to grips with the local flavours in an introduction to Greek cooking!
- Athens: Toast the culmination of your tour at a lively Celebration Dinner with wine.
- 11 Breakfasts (BB), 3 Lunches (L), 5 three-course table d'hôte Dinners or Buffets (D); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 1 Signature Evening (SE) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee. Your cruise includes a complimentary soft-drinks package (with tea and coffee). Once on-board, your drinks package can be upgraded for an additional cost, to include alcohol if you wish.
- Ascend the ‘Sacred Rock', the Acropolis, to admire the Parthenon built in 5th century BC as well as the smaller Temple of Athena Nike and ‘Porch of the Maidens'.
- Mycenae: Walk through the Lion Gate past the royal ‘beehive' tombs where Schliemann uncovered golden treasure, hearing tales of Agamemnon (hacked to death in his bath by his wife Klytemnestra!).
- Argolis: View beautiful works of art during your visit to a family-run pottery studio, which embraces traditional methods.
- Epidaurus: Visit the Sanctuary of Asklepios. In the centre of the enclosure stood the temple dedicated to the god of medicine. Visit the museum, as well as the best preserved open-air theatre in the whole of Greece.
- Olympia: Olympia was the original location of the Olympic Games, held every four years during a 1,000-year period as a celebration of the Hellenic spirit. Here lie the ruins of temples and treasures dedicated to Zeus, King of the Gods.
- Delphi: Ascend the Sacred Way, once lined with offertory temples. See the reconstructed Athenian Treasury and pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where the people would seek divine wisdom from the mysterious Oracle.
- Meteora: Visit one of the remarkable, centuries-old monasteries of Meteora, teetering on towers of rock, and arguably the most spectacular place to visit in Greece.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Athens: The Divani Caravel is a luxury hotel situated in the heart of Athens. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, it epitomises refinement, elegance and exceptional service
- Nafplion: Nafplia Palace is located on the slope of the ancient fortress of Akronafplia. It offers rooms with views of the Argolic Bay and spacious private balconies overlooking Nafplion and Bourtzi island fort.
- Olympia: At the Antonios Hotel, the emphasis is on a comfortable and cosy stay. Take advantage of the discreet service and tranquil atmosphere. Rooms are functional and offer all the essential comforts.
- Delphi: The Amalia Hotel is located within walking distance from the famous attractions of Delphi, the Archaeological Museum, the temple of Apollo and the Castalia Fountain.
- Kalambaka: The Divani Meteroa is surrounded by the majestic, towering rocks known as Meteora, in the charming village of Kalambaka.
You will visit the following 2 places:
Turkey is a huge nation straddling eastern Europe and western Asia with cultural connections to ancient Greek, Persian, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman empires. It offers a wealth of destination varieties to travellers; there is something for everyone's taste—whether they be travelling on an extreme budget by hitchhiking or by a multi-million yacht!
Greece, also known since ancient times as Hellas, is a country located in southeastern Europe. The country has one of the longest histories of any country, and is considered the cradle of Western civilization, having been the birthplace of democracy, Western philosophy, the Olympic Games, Western literature, historiography, political science, major scientific and mathematical principles, and Western drama, including both tragedy and comedy. Athens, its busy capital, retains ancient landmarks including the 5th-century-B.C.E. Acropolis citadel and Parthenon temple. Greece is also known for its beaches, from the black sands of Santorini to the party resorts of Mykonos. Furthermore it's a geographically appealing place to visit, with a mountainous mainland and idyllic island beaches!