Country Roads of Puglia and the Neapolitan Riviera (Preview 2019)
Additional Included Highlights
- Explore the unique trulli buildings and join in the social ritual of la passeggiata.
- Explore this delightful resort town overlooking the Bay of Naples, across to mount Vesuvius.
- Apennine Mountains, Sorrento cliff top road, Capri corniche, Amalfi Coast.
- Alberobello: After embracing the town as its natives do, you are welcomed into the home of a local for a freshly-prepared meal, typical of the region. Dine with the family and learn more about their life.
- Alberobello: Learn the history and taste for yourself the amazing structure, flavour and body of Apulian wine.
- Rome: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner of delicious Italian cuisine and wine, accompanied by the rich tremolo of some of Italy's best loved songs.
- Dining Summary: 8 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Rome: The magnificent Kolbe Hotel traces its origins to a 15th century convent. After a skillful restoration, today it is a luxury hotel located in the heart of the city.
- Alberobello: The Grand Hotel La Chiusa di Chietri is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the scenic surroundings.
Top Rated Highlights
- Rome: During you orientation with you Travel Director see the medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Alberobello: Explore the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site of small whitewashed stone houses called Trulli.
- Alberobello: Experience the social ritual of la passeggiata.
- Matera: With your Local Expert, visit the famous Sassi or cave dwellings, which were home to approximately 20,000 people until 1950 and are now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sorrento: Perched upon the cliffs, lookout to see the mighty Mount Vesuvious across the Bay of Naples.
- Isle of Capri: Cruise to this famous isle to meet your Local Expert and wander the beautiful Caesar Augustus Gardens. In the style of the jet-set, descend to the port by open-top taxi.
- Isle of Capri: In the style of the jet-set, descend to the port by open-top taxi.
- Positano: Drive along the Amalfi Coast to visit this seaside town. See the pastel rainbow of colourful houses precariously stacked upon one another as if cascading from the hilltop to the water.
- Scenic Drives: Relax and take in the views as you travel past the Apennine Mountains, along the Sorrento cliff top road, Capri corniche and Amalfi Coast.